- Extremely Thorough Resto-Mod to ALL mechanical systems of the coach.
- Professionally handcrafted stunning solid oak cabinetry throughout.
- Well planned layout offering comfort, privacy, entertainment, and class.
- An absolute dream come true!
- Extreme attention to detail is the first thing you will notice about this beautiful coach. All exterior stainless steel body panels were replaced with brand new highly polished OEM replacements.
- The bottom rails are even laser straight which is the first I have personally seen on any of these vintage bus conversions over the years.
- Custom Emerald Green paint job with simple yet classy accent graphic graphics throughout. A stunning mural of Mount Shasta was hand painted on the back of this coach which pays tribute to the Northern California area from which this coach was dreamed and ultimately built.
- The headlights and bezels were modified from the original style which gives the coach a slightly more modern feel from the more rustic original look. Low profile roof mounted AC units help to keep this coach a bit more stream line and the side view mirrors are a huge improvement in both style and function from the original setup.
- All (8) highly polished Freightline 24.5″ aluminum wheels finish off the exterior package which showcases a coach which was built without cutting a single corner.
- All new glass and the coach also comes with a complete replacement windshield.
- 475 HP!!!
- This coach is running a fully rebuilt and slightly modified 8v92 Detroit Diesel Engine which not only provides incrediable power for this beauty but also is a commercially built tank of an engine which will provided decades of reliable service when maintained properly. Upon the completion of the rebuild new 90 HP injectors were installed, an upgraded turbo, and the super charger was also completely rebuilt. A complete upgraded and modified air intake system now sits where the original radiators once called home. There is approximately 15,000 miles on the engine since completion. A custom installation of a Freightliner radiator and hydraulically powered fan keeps everything nice and cool even under heavy loads or on long grades.
- A Brand NEW (NOT a rebuilt) Allison 754 Five speed Automatic transmission was installed upon original completion of the coach conversion (2008). The Transmission fluid runs through a tank cooler in the radiator and a secondary external cooler which has always kept the transmission at a perfect operating temp. A second replacement nearly $900 cooler will be included with the purchase of this coach.
- The rear drive axle has been completely rebuilt and re-geared to allow this coach to cruise at around 75 MPH with a top speed of over 95 MPH!
- There are two diesel tanks (150 Gallons and 30 Gallons). Fuel Economy runs an average of 7 MPG which gives this coach approximately a 1200 mile range between fuel filling stops.
- Brakes: The ENTIRE brake system has been rebuilt on this coach with all NEW parts. The braking system includes a JAKE BRAKE which will aid in providing longer brake life, and drastically decreases the chance of brake failure.
- Suspension: Every air bag, bushing, bearing, seal, king pin, wheels studs, YOU NAME it was rebuilt with all NEW parts!
- Steering: A upgraded Ross power steering box was just recently installed.
- TIRES: Currently the front steer TOYO brand tires are two years old and have ZERO miles on them. ** There will be all BRAND NEW TOYO Brand tires installed to the drive and tag axle (6 tires total) upon the completion of this sale.**
- This coach is by FAR the most solid mechanically built coach I have seen to date!
Coach Systems and Storage
- With most if not all of these vintage bus conversions, storage is often never an issue with the aid of massive storage compartments. This coach is no exception. A custom built luggage tray was designed and built to help ease the loading process and helps to maximize storage space. All storage bays have accent lighting to help loading / unloading in the dark a bit more comforatable.
- A secondary mini refrigerator is included in the storage compartment which is handy for keeping drinks and other items cold while hanging out outside which also helps keep interior traffic down, a feature your partner will appreciate!
- 3 Way Water heater system: The water heater not only runs off of both electric or propane but can also utilize the temp off of the engine in order to heat your water… So after a long day on the road you can easily pull over and take a hot shower without waiting. This system also allows for more available hot water so you don’t have to worry about taking those super quick RV style showers.
- Power: This coach has an on board heavy duty diesel Generac Generator which uses very, very little fuel during operation. The generator can be ran while traveling in order to run both AC roof mounted units. The coach also has a full shore power 50 Amp hook up with a 2600 inverter. There are no solar panels on this coach but adding solar is a simple install should you decide to add the system later on.
- Propane: Two large 10 Gallon propane tanks which can be easily removed and refilled.
- Heat: A propane furnace provides plenty of interior heat when needed.
- Clean water storage: 140 Gallons
- Black / Grey water storage: 145 Gallon custom built stainless steel tank with both internal baffles and a complete flushing sprinkler system helps keep your unwanted stuff out of the way, out of sight, and easy to dispose of.
- This is not your back yard bus conversion..
- Bill Hanni who is a well known and respected bus conversion builder out of Anderson, California was heavily involved in the creation of this interior. Bill has worked on buses including Merle Haggard’s coach and is known for his exceptional cabinet building techniques. The closer you look at the finish work the more you question how he is able to make everything fit so seemlessly…
- All cabinetry is made of solid oak
- The coach features both a pull out bed for two more adults, and intergrated trays for additional eating space.
- Kitchen: There is a nice four burner stove and oven, a large sink, microwave, a large pull out pantry, tons of storage for all your treats, plenty of counter space including a small bar for a quick snack or drink, and a brand new refrigerator / freezer (Not Shown because it is currently being installed). There is both a stove hood with functioning vent fan and a ceiling fan for excellent ventilation.
- Bathroom: This area is split into two. On one side you will find a nice full service lavatory, and on the other side a large (For RV Standards) shower. Both the shower and lavatory have fully functioning ceiling fans to help keep the interior of the coach pleasant.
- Master Suite: Fully private from the rest of the coach which features tons of storage, a large queen size bed, accent lighting through out, and a full entertainment system.
- There are very tasteful stained glass accents throughout the entire coach, and a beautiful over head light feature that carrys from the front to the back. At night the soft lighting creates a relaxing and unique intimate environment that everyone will appreciate.
- Washer / Dryer: A full service washer and dryer rounds out this coach as being fully self contained.
- Operation: From the driver seat you will find a custom and professionally laid out gauge assembly. All systems are fully monitored and are simple to read.
Location: Shasta Lake, California, United States
Price: $112,500 <- check here if it's still available
More info: Full listing and Contact details
Originally listed on March 12, 2021. Note that older listings are displayed for reference and will most probably not be available.