1976 MCI – MC8 Crusader – Detroit Diesel – Allison Automatic- !
This bus was converted into a Tour Bus for a Rock Band, and then remodeled in 2014. It was originally a tour bus for a Christian choir.
I purchased this in 2020, and we used it as an RV. The engine, transmission, etc. ran well, no problems. It needed some upgrades to the interior but functioned well.
In March of 2020 Covid hit, and the bus hasn’t been driven or started since then. In addition, some kids got into the bus on several occasions and pretty much destroyed the interior. it would need a complete overhaul.
These coaches were built to last, and I don’t think it would take much to get it up and running. This is all Detroit iron and stainless steel.
– The engine is a Detroit Diesel 871, 8-cylinder and it ran great. No problems on any hills. Prior to 2020, the coach was well maintained by the previous owner and me.
– The transmission is smooth shifting Allison 4 speed automatic. Rear Wheel Drive.
– The estimated mileage is 142,000 miles (this is what the previous owner told me, I think we put about 2,000 miles on it).
– The on-board generator is a 4-cylinder Kubota diesel that runs from the main fuel tank with an output of 15,000 kw. This generator is powerful enough to power EVERYTHING on this bus and a house. The generator is worth around $5500.00 used.
– There are 3 roof AC Units with heat strips.
– This coach has 4 sleeper bunks in the center.
– There is a Rear lounge with a bathroom and vanity with sink, and toilet.
– The Rear lounge has plenty of room for a sofa and other furniture if needed (it used to have a sofa and a large 50-inch TV and entertainment console that was stolen)
– Mid-Lounge has 4-bunk beds and a closet, with more storage space underneath the bunks.
– The Front Lounge has two bench style couches one on each side that fold out into beds. There is also ample storage beneath each bench that can hold 5 guitars IN the cases, or whatever else is needed.
– There is a kitchen sink, counter, and refrigerator, which needs to be replaced.
– The Fuel tank is 168 gallons and gets between 9 and 12 m.p.g. depending on load and terrain.
– Forward clean water tank is 75 gallons, with a 50-gallon grey water tank.
– Rear clean water tank is 20 gallons, with a 20-gallon black water tank.
– Two independent water pumps for running water.
– Three 3 house batteries in generator bay (these are dead and will probably need to be replaced)
– Two main batteries for engine (these are dead and will probably need to be replaced)
– Bendix air dryer for brakes and air ride suspension upgraded.
– This vehicle has a clean, clear paper title, no issues. I also have the original owner manuals and other documentation.
– The tires are all in bad shape, I believe they would need to be replaced with new or good used tires.
– There are some broken windows that need to be replaced.
– The flooring will need to be replaced.
– It’s possible this bus could be used for all its parts, and again, the generator is worth several thousand dollars.
– The coach is located near Miami Gardens Drive and NW 22nd Avenue.
– This is an AS-IS, WHERE-IS Sale.
This can be a great bargain for someone who can get the bus up and running quickly, and then do a remodeling job.
This Bus DOES NOT START now. Please do NOT bid on this item unless you have the means to tow it to your location.
More info: Click here to see original eBay auction and get more information (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: lanceland2000
Location: Opa-Locka, Florida, United States